How to watch the Virtual Scarlet Celebration that was broadcast on June 4, 2021
Once you purchase your Celebration ticket HERE, there are many ways to watch the Celebration. Below you’ll find detailed access instructions, along with frequently asked questions (FAQ) that will help with your virtual event experience. The event will be broadcast on Vimeo and a Best Practices document providing information on how to watch the event on this platform can be downloaded HERE.
How do I view the virtual event?
All ticket buyers will receive an email with a link to the virtual event and a password. This access is good until July 5th. Be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you don’t see the email. Also be sure you are checking the same email address you entered when you purchased your ticket. If you don’t receive your link and password, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vimeo is the platform we are using to broadcast the event. A Vimeo login is not required to view the event. All you need is the private link you will receive via email, along with the password. Before the streaming, make sure you’re device is up to date. See Vimeo recommendations HERE.
If you have a group of family members and/or friends that are watching the event together, that’s great! Since the ticket purchases help us cover our costs for the event, we appreciate everyone purchasing a separate ticket so that we can continue to have future Celebrations, whether virtually or in person!
Can I view the event on my TV instead of a computer, tablet or phone?
- If you have a Smart TV, AppleTV, Firestick, Roku, or even a smartphone, you should be able to stream the event on your TV so that multiple people can enjoy it.
- For guidance on connecting your iPhone or iPad to your TV through HDMI, AppleTV, Roku, Firestick and other apps, go to THIS WEBSITE.
- To connect your Android phone to your TV, go to THIS WEBSITE.
- To watch on the Vimeo app on an AppleTV, Firestick or similar device without a smartphone, you’ll just need the direct link to the video and your password. Then follow the instructions below:
- Log into Vimeo or create an account
- Click the “EVENT” Vimeo link provided in your email or on our “Virtual Event” page and enter the password.
- Click the clock icon at the top right. Add to “Watch Later.”
- If you have not already downloaded the Vimeo app on your device, please do so and log in.
- On your device menu, open the Vimeo app and scroll over to “Library.” The video should show up there for you to watch when the event begins.
- For more information, visit Vimeo’s help center to learn more.
What if I’m having trouble viewing the virtual event?
We do not anticipate any issues, but we understand that technology may cause some challenges. Here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting some issues.
- The video keeps cutting out or freezing.
Some easy fixes to try: restart your computer or open/close the app on your phone, try using the link on a new internet browser or device, close any other open programs or applications, check your internet speed, clear your browser history, and/or restart your router. Read this Vimeo help article for more options.
- The audio is not synced with the video.
Refreshing your internet browser or Vimeo app often fixes this issue. Read this Vimeo help article for more options.
- My internet cut out during the event.
If your internet cuts out and comes back on, you should be able to refresh your browser and begin watching again.
- Something else went wrong!
Let us know at email@example.com
Tips for Online Viewing
- You’ll need a device that can connect to the internet, with speakers or headphones.
- Close programs or apps on other devices in the home— including tablets, smart TVs, or other computers—so they don’t drain internet speeds and slow the broadcast.
- Check speaker or headphone connections and make sure the volume is turned up enough to hear.
- Consider connecting your computer to a TV or large screen, as well as external speakers, to enjoy the video and sound.
Still feeling unsure about viewing the event online? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help you.